POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP (UKZN)
The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) is committed to meeting the objectives of Employment Equity to improve representativity within the Institution. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP (1 POST)
1 JUNE 2023 – 30 MAY 2024
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE, EARTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
REFERENCE NO.: SAEES 1/2023
The following postdoctoral fellowship opportunity is available to support activities in the field of marine geoscience:
Research area: seismic reflection profiling and interpretation, multibeam bathymetric collection, processing and analysis, lithostratigraphic correlations.
The successful applicant will be expected to engage in full-time postdoctoral studies under the supervision of a member of the academic staff in the School of Agriculture, Earth and Environmental Sciences/Discipline of Geological Sciences
- A doctoral degree obtained in the last five years in a discipline relevant to the topic of the Chair (such as sedimentology/geophysics or similar)
- Must be based at UKZN for the duration of the scholarship.
The Chair is committed to equity and transformation. Applications from previously disadvantaged population groups and persons with disabilities will be viewed favourably.
Comprehensive applications are invited, comprising:
- A letter of motivation, including the earliest possible starting date
- An up-to-date CV
- Contact details of two academic referees
- A two-page summary of your current and future research interests
- Record of transcripts
- An example of your academic writing skills, by either providing an article or chapter of your PhD thesis
- Copy of ID / permanent residency document. Foreigners must be in possession of relevant permits.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 May 2023.
Applications must be sent to the Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference number in the email’s subject line. Late applications will not be considered. Successful individuals will be contacted on or before 1 June 2023. An online or in-person interview will take place.
Any questions can be raised by contacting Professor Andrew Green (email@example.com). The Chair reserves the right not to make an appointment to this advert.
The successful incumbent will be expected to complete an employment form for the Human Resources Division. This will enable the incumbent to access facilities such as parking discs, and personalised e-mail addresses as well as receive his/her monthly payment timeously.