Hutchison Young Scientists Foundation: Call for Applications
Support for young scientists to attend the 36th International Geological Congress
Delhi, India, 2-8 March 2020
Deadline: 15 October 2019
Through the vision and inspiration of William W. Hutchison, IUGS Secretary-General (1976-1980) and IUGS President (1984-1987), the Hutchison Young Scientists Foundation was established by the International Union of Geological Scientists to promote the professional growth of deserving, meritorious young scientists from around the world by supporting their participation in important IUGS-sponsored conferences, particularly the International Geological Congress. With funds from the Hutchison Foundation, the IUGS intends to support the participation of as many as 15 young scientists at the 36th IGC. This is a call for applications.
- Those eligible for support are early career geoscientists, not ‘students’, that is persons typically under 35 years of age;
- Those in academia, industry and government are eligible to apply;
- Applications must be supported by a personal statement (motivation letter, if you will) setting out why they are applying, describing what the do professionally, and how they see attendance at the 36th IGC benefitting them in advancing their career
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the Congress and include a copy of it with their application. The deadline for submission of abstracts to the 36th IGC is 15 October 2019.
- Applicants must include their CV
- Submit applications to IUGS Secretary General Stanley Finney at Stan.Finney@csulb.edu by 15 October 2019
Decisions to be made and recipients notified by 31 October 2019.